Chicago Show

General discussion of all things Evan-y

Moderators: mallocup, Smudge, lutewhine

puzzle_piece

Chicago Show

Post by puzzle_piece » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:31 pm

I can't wait for the show tonight! Anyone else super excited? I've seen the Lemonheads about 8 times now, but this is my first solo-Evan show.

I posted in another area of the message board, but I have two extra tickets to the show, if anyone's interested. I won a contest after I bought the tickets, and they said I can transfer them over to someone else. I'd take under face value since it's not sold out. They said tickets would likely be in the middle of the venue--pretty good seats.

I'll give you my information if you're interested.

Thanks!

Mike

puzzle_piece

Re: Chicago Show

Post by puzzle_piece » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:42 am

What an absolutely awful show. It's a special kind of heartbreak after looking forward to it for a while. Evan was a mess and played half songs at such a rapid pace that they lacked any substance. The show lasted 35 minutes. He couldn't have left soon enough. I walked in ready to see my favorite musician and left with zero respect for a guy that can't even get his shit together for an hour. I'm a teacher and have to be on my a+ game for 5 one hour periods every day. And he can't even muster the energy to play a single hour. Fuck him and his bullshit. He's a pathetic loser that deserves the b list status he's at. What a wasted talent.

lucca

Post by lucca » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:37 am

The show was definitely interesting. After reading some of the reviews of the shows at the beginning of the tour I was hoping to see a special show.

Instead I find myself hoping there isn't a bigger issue going on. He wasn't looking to good just standing - let alone singing and entertaining.

Metalheart

Post by Metalheart » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 am

Before jumping to conclusions...and calling Evan a loser maybe you should recognize that we all go through sickness and lifes ups and downs...the show in Atlanta tonight was cancelled due to Evan being very sick.I went tonight to the show hoping to see my friend and one of my favorite muscians but really I wasnt upset...just more concerned and l hope whatever illness hes fighting...improves very soon.Lets show some compassion for him and remember all the good he's brought into our lives.
You're one light slowly fading in my mind

mekons63

Post by mekons63 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm

What Metalheart said...I've worked through illness (and I don't work with the general public, much less stand before a crowd and entertain them) and it sucks and does nothing to promote healing. I've got plans for roadtripping to the Austin show Saturday but if Evan needs time to get better I'd rather he take it off than push himself and not get over what ails him.

More compassion less accusation...we're fans of the guy not customers looking to get our money's worth.

puzzle_piece

Post by puzzle_piece » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

My post was reactionary, and sent from the cab ride home, but I think frustration on the part of the fans is justified. Tickets weren't cheap, the venue required travel, and it wasn't in some dive bar type venue where drinks were affordable. The night ended up costing about $120. I wish he would have cancelled the show if he was going to play so terribly. The manager of the venue was very nice when I asked him if he knew what happened; he agreed the show was awful and offered me free tickets to another one.

I'm sure something's going on to swing his setlists from 30+ songs to 12, and I feel bad for the guy. I don't think he's sick, otherwise, he wouldn't have cancelled his Atlanta show an hour before showtime. And I'm sure he would have said something along the lines of "I'm not feeling well tonight" or something during one of his shows. Even just a tweet to his followers with a short message.

I wish the best for Evan and hope he's all right and apologize about the angry rant.

MAXIERILEY

Post by MAXIERILEY » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:26 am

I was going to drive 90 miles to Tampa Tuesday. I don't know if I should now.

Irrelevant Elephant

Post by Irrelevant Elephant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 am

I think the criticism is fair. He has been my favourite artist for close to 20 years but I think it is fair to say he is a cunt at times. Maybe he is sick now but he has fucked over many fans over the years for his own selfish reasons. Sure that's how he is. We know it, he knows it. Great. He is going on 50 years old and is still a child.

lucca

Post by lucca » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:02 am

https://mega.nz/#F!ao91lIRS!IlJFhL7Ebptg90S2-m2Cgg

Finally got around to editing my recording of the Dando show from City Winery in Chicago on February 5, 2015.

I've seen Dando/Heads shows for the last 25 years and they are definitely a hit or miss affair. This one was short and a bit odd. Listening back to it today - it was actually a pretty good show.

Hope all enjoy and thanks to the other tapers. Always like to hear more shows if you got 'em

Please don't transfer to lossy.

mboy007

Post by mboy007 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks for that - enjoyed it!
No shape, no style, no soul, no substance... no problem

rwcass
Contributor 2010
Contributor 2010

Post by rwcass » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Does anyone know what the final song of the set was? Dando is singing it with Sara Johnston, the opening act that night, correct?

mekons63

Post by mekons63 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:17 am

I'm pretty certain it's called "Ashes" and I think it's by Marciana Jones. That sounds like her he's singing with as well but I couldn't swear to it as I wasn't at the show.

rwcass
Contributor 2010
Contributor 2010

Post by rwcass » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 am

Thanks, mekons63.

rwcass
Contributor 2010
Contributor 2010

Post by rwcass » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:00 am

mekons63 wrote:I'm pretty certain it's called "Ashes" and I think it's by Marciana Jones. That sounds like her he's singing with as well but I couldn't swear to it as I wasn't at the show.
Now we know the song is called "Splinters," from the Sandwich Police single, Love Yourself. One mystery solved ...