It's a shame about Ray demo

General discussion of all things Evan-y

Moderators: mallocup, Smudge, lutewhine

hjulian

It's a shame about Ray demo

Post by hjulian » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm

hi guys,
I've bought the collector's edition of It's a shame and I was listening to the demo tracks.
does anyone know how Evan recorded them? I can hear his guitar, his singing ( sometimes two different tracks with his own voice at the same time) and Juliana backing vocals.
I'd like to write directly to him on pelicanmouse channel but i don't think he'll ever answer to me. if someone can ask him, please do it :D
it's interesting because they have a nice lo fi sound and I'm lookin for a portable recorder maybe this demo will gimme a nice idea.

thanks

J.

Irrelevant Elephant

Re: It's a shame about Ray demo

Post by Irrelevant Elephant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 am

Mate just go ahead and write to him. Chances are very high that he will respond to you. Probably like a lot of people on the forum I've had quite a few exchanges with Ev through his pelicanmouse thing. He seems to be more into Twitter at the moment so you might have a better chance that way. Ev is a very down to earth guy and seems to genuinely enjoy talking about his music.

Metalheart

Re: It's a shame about Ray demo

Post by Metalheart » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 am

He will answer you, although youtube went to the lame new layout... give it a try, it just might take some time for Evan to check his page :cheers:
You're one light slowly fading in my mind