Jello Funder 2012

Re: RYAN ADAMS PRODUCING NEW LEMONHEADS ALBUM

Post by pneurotic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm

suzy wrote:no sessions.
Heartbroken :cry:

zackb

Post by zackb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 pm

They are still doing the album. There has been no info to the contrary. Maybe there will be some tweets from the artists involved soon.

Irrelevant Elephant

Post by Irrelevant Elephant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 am

I think many of us may have been speculating about this privately. I have suspected something went wrong for a while.

To be honest I was really looking forward to the Ryan Adams, Juliana Hatfield, EGD combo but I wasn't as enthused by the addition of Ben Deilly.

So what went wrong? Drugs? Personalities? Meltdowns?

Too bad, hopefully something happens soon.

mekons63

Post by mekons63 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 am

...and addressing that very topic (somewhat) look was just appeared:

http://www.news.com.au/news/lemonheads-still-sweet-not-sour/story-fnejnl1p-1226535452081

Irrelevant Elephant

Post by Irrelevant Elephant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:13 am

mekons63 wrote:...and addressing that very topic (somewhat) look was just appeared:

http://www.news.com.au/news/lemonheads-still-sweet-not-sour/story-fnejnl1p-1226535452081
Very interesting Mekons. Its hard to imagine that something didn't go down. Juliana's mysterious illness? Who would know.

People on this site are very reluctant to discuss anything negative about Ev and I don't thin thats a bad thing necesssarily. If you follow his Twitter or Pelicanmouse (not too active these days) it is quite easy to pick up on a few things. He did make some recent mention of being an out-patient again.

I just really hope he is well and happy most of all. Beyond that I have been waiting for 25 years for him to come up with his masterpiece. I know things have changed in the music industry and a great album does not necessarily have the impact that it used to. However, I believe if things ever align Evan can still come up with an album that will be his definitive masterwork. A lot of things he has done are brilliant but after Ray I thought he could get better and I think he has. I still don't think he has ever really 100% demonstrated that on an LP. Anyway, we we all keep waiting.

mekons63

Post by mekons63 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 am

I agree that most of us want to see him well and happy. As far as negative commentary, well, I don't think it's my place since I haven't a clue about anything outside of what's written about him in the press and some of those folks seem to approach him with such an unbelievably cynical attitude that it's hard not to also dismiss most of that.

That said I hope we get some great reports from Australia next week...you all are getting a great Christmas present!

happyhead

Post by happyhead » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:17 am

Ryan is very, very clean these days (with the exception of large inhales of marijuana of course). He has stated publicly that he doesn't wish to be around drinking or hard drugs. Should Evan be into that sort of thing these days (not saying he is, of course), then I can see that initial session perhaps not going so well. A blown session with Ryan Adams, speaking personally of course, would most likely cause a mystery illness in me which would stretch much longer than a month.

lutewhine

Post by lutewhine » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Irrelevant Elephant wrote:
mekons63 wrote:...and addressing that very topic (somewhat) look was just appeared:

Very interesting Mekons. Its hard to imagine that something didn't go down. Juliana's mysterious illness? Who would know.

People on this site are very reluctant to discuss anything negative about Ev and I don't thin thats a bad thing necesssarily. If you follow his Twitter or Pelicanmouse (not too active these days) it is quite easy to pick up on a few things. He did make some recent mention of being an out-patient again.
I wouldn't say it's a reluctance - the attitude from here has always been pretty clear that assumption, pure speculation and out-and-out gossip is out of order. Not least because family members, band members, friends of Evan and indeed Evan himself swing by here on occasion.

Having spent many hours, days and weeks transcribing old music paper and magazine articles for the site, most of which start and end on a drugs joke, complete with headlines and captions that are drug-related, it's safe to say the tabloid-esque side to Evan's life has been done to death, and we've got absolutely no wish to add to it unnecessarily.

Anything factual is fine however and always has been.
"That's the power of rock man...no strap can hold it"

Kerouac

Post by Kerouac » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

so wait, uh, wots the bottom line? is the new album made, gonna be made, or do we not know? suzy says no sessions. some articles say there is still an album in the works... puleeze tell me this album is going to come to fruition.

i'm jonesing for some new lemonheads... (the download section is working pretty well at tiding me over tho i should add :) )

happyhead

Post by happyhead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 am

According to Evan's Twitter, he is attending an outpatient program in MIdtown. They are giving him Ritilin. Also, being off drugs has caused him to be "insatiably horny". In some good news, there are several clips on PelicanMouse where he appears to be in a studio in LA (wearing shorts as well). That's were Ryan's studio is, so hopefully a session did take place and will act as the gateway for more.

RodsonofGod
Jello Funder 2012
Jello Funder 2012

Post by RodsonofGod » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Has anyone heard anything new on this (or can anyone get the inside track??) I've seen from Juliana's twitter and other fan pages that she is now working with a new band (not including Evan as far as I can work out) so has this project disappeared into the history books without producing the desired album that we all wanted?
I'm the King of Rock, There ain't none higher, I won't stop Rocking till I retire!

ROTHRADIO

Post by ROTHRADIO » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 pm

evan and juliana gave a brief interview to an aussie paper in which they downplayed the ryan sessions. in my opinion , e & j are not getting along right now . in addition , I think we can deduce that the sessions were perhaps not a home run. i don't expect to see those tracks released , but i hope i am wrong.

Irrelevant Elephant

Post by Irrelevant Elephant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 am

ROTHRADIO wrote:evan and juliana gave a brief interview to an aussie paper in which they downplayed the ryan sessions. in my opinion , e & j are not getting along right now . in addition , I think we can deduce that the sessions were perhaps not a home run. i don't expect to see those tracks released , but i hope i am wrong.
I suspect something similar. My theory (pure speculation) is that when it came to crunch time Ev had some kind of meltdown or drug binge and Juliana just wanted nothing to do with it. Thus her mysterious illness. I know others feel differently but I would say adding Ben Deilly to the lineup would be about as useful as having a third nipple. I do like early Lemonheads and Deilly but I rate Dando as a far superior artist. Not even close to same class quite frankly.

Rich

Post by Rich » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 am

Irrelevant Elephant wrote:
ROTHRADIO wrote:evan and juliana gave a brief interview to an aussie paper in which they downplayed the ryan sessions. in my opinion , e & j are not getting along right now . in addition , I think we can deduce that the sessions were perhaps not a home run. i don't expect to see those tracks released , but i hope i am wrong.
I suspect something similar. My theory (pure speculation) is that when it came to crunch time Ev had some kind of meltdown or drug binge and Juliana just wanted nothing to do with it. Thus her mysterious illness. I know others feel differently but I would say adding Ben Deilly to the lineup would be about as useful as having a third nipple. I do like early Lemonheads and Deilly but I rate Dando as a far superior artist. Not even close to same class quite frankly.
Harsh
Taking hands across 1,000 miles of ocean.

Irrelevant Elephant

Post by Irrelevant Elephant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am

.[/quote]
Harsh[/quote]

Rich I hope my speculation is wildly innacurate. I have a lot of love for EGD. However ...

lutewhine

Post by lutewhine » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 pm

My suspicion is that Ryan Adams jumped the gun in breaking the news, and things fell away from there. It may well be the case that sessions as such weren't actually planned, more that people were getting together with view to hoping something would happen. Whether anything did, or anything will, time will I'm sure tell.

Not sure where the idea of friction between Evan and Juliana has come from though - at the London show they were obviously delighted to be in one another's company.
"That's the power of rock man...no strap can hold it"

ROTHRADIO

Post by ROTHRADIO » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

jan 10 juliana tweeted " the perth show was THE final evan/juliana show.didn't want to bill it as 'the last show/tour ,ever' 'cause i hate when people do that " presumably they haven't spoken since their dec 22 show as juliana almost immediately flew home and evan remains in australia [ methinks he has lost his Iphone5]...that juliana- the coattail- rider was so pissy almost 3 weeks later says more about her general treatment of evan than anything evan did ,in my humble opinion.

suzy
Contributor 2007
Contributor 2007

Post by suzy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Lutewine has it more right than anyone. There were no sessions.
fan